Here are scores and performance materials for several pieces that interest me, some that I wrote,
and some by others.
- A performance diagram for 1+1 by Philip Glass. Here is the C program that generated that page.
- The Master Key, my piece for the Cardew Choir's
December 19, 2006 concert.
- Revolving Door, one of my older Cardew Choir pieces.
- Rokkaku, yet another Cardew Choir piece.
- Notes for Performers of Sonic Chains, a piece for a large improvising orchestra.
- A version of Sonic Chains adapted for the Cardew Choir.
- Advancing Through Jailhouse Rock, a minimalist ditty.
- The Troll Variations, for a soloist. Every time you load this score, you get a new version of the piece.
Though the score says that The Troll Variations is for a soloist, I've had good results performing it
with a small ensemble accompanying an orator.
The performance alternates between the orator reading the Say:
parts in a stentorian tone, unaccompanied, and the instrumentalists responding with the following Play:
parts. Everyone reads from copies of the same version of the score.
The instrumentalists should each play in their own choice of clef, and
in their own time (not unison), so the effect is of an uncoordinated tempo canon.